Luton Irish Forums objects are;
- To relieve persons in need, poverty or distress, particularly, but not exclusively of Irish descent, through the provision of advice and information concerning health and benefits as well as other support.
- To advance the education of the public, particularly in Irish music, drama, arts, the Irish language and through the holding of an annual St Patrick’s Day festival.
- Other charitable purposes, particularly the provision of facilities for the benefit of the public, particularly but not exclusively for persons of Irish descent in the interests of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for those persons in need of such facilities.
Objectives and key activities 2013 – 2016
Improve welfare/quality of life for local vulnerable people:
- Develop a high quality welfare service targeting vulnerable people;
- Increase capacity to deal with Welfare Reform;
- Develop a moving to Luton resource for the ‘new Irish’.
Promote and retain Irish culture:
- Develop our involvement with performing and visual arts;
- Develop a twinning/club/provincial programme;
- Hold an annual Irish History programme of activities at schools.
Develop involvement and ownership of the second and third generation Irish community:
- Develop partnership with Irish businesses and organisations engaging with second and third generations;
- Support parents/ carers to develop and take ownership of baby and toddler group;
- Increase the proportion of second and third generation people involved in LIF activities, events and governance, whilst maintaining a portfolio of activities for the first [older] generation.